Monday, September 14, 2009

Thoughts on being 16 weeks pregnant

Posted by Mindy

Well, this week marks 16 weeks. Its hard to believe that it has been 6 weeks since we found out about Baby. It is hard to explain how the time is passing so quickly and yet it feels like it should be March 4th tomorrow....maybe other mothers know what I am talking about, or maybe I am just crazy...

I still have not felt Baby move, although it is not common for women at my stage to feel movement. I can't wait though. I think it will finally make this pregnancy real to me. I only wish Brian could feel it in the early stages with me. I feel like he will be missing out on something HUGE.

This week we have my first appointment with Dr. Hayes. I am delivering with a Doctor/Certified Nurse Midwife team, so which ever of the two is on call when I go into labor will deliver. I'm nervous about this, as I have a REAL desire to have a completely natural birth. So, I plan to bombard her with as many questions as I can remember. I hope it goes well...I'm a little nervous.

I've already had some friends give me baby stuff, which has been such a blessing. However, it has made it clear that there isn't enough room where we live for all of our stuff and baby in the long run. Baby will be living in our room from the day s/he is born until we can hopefully move in July to something a little more family appropriate. Its not that I think we need a HUGE place to live, it would just be nice to have room for a crib (which we don't, I think baby will be sleeping in the beautiful bassinet we were given until we can move somewhere bigger, hopefully s/he won't outgrow it :).

Well, I have more thoughts but its getting a little late, I need to clean the house and feed our other two children :).
blog

0 comments: