Sunday, October 10, 2010

7 Months

Posted by Mindy

My little Elias,

I cannot believe how quickly September flew by.  In fact, when I got to the end of the month, I wasn't even sure I had taken a single picture of you.  I was so happy to find a couple of pictures on the memory card and am so thankful that I, indeed, was able to at least capture a few moments of your life this month.


Visiting Estes Park to see leaves change

At Abigial and Noah Dalton's Wedding

This month, you got your very first tooth!  It is your bottom right tooth.  It cut on September 16th.  This month you've also been interested in learning to go from sitting to a crawling position, though you can't quit figure out that business.  You've been introduced to several different foods: Rice Cereal, Pears, Peaches, Avocado, Butternut squash, Sweet Potatoes, Yams, Peas, Bread, Mango, Yogurt, Banana, Apple Juice, Prunes and Carrots (I think that's all...).  You don't really like fruit.  Your favorite foods are bread, winter squashes and avocado.  Otherwise, you make a yucky face! 

My favorite moment from this month: one night, I was trying really hard to get you to sleep quickly.  I was snuggling with you and you were being SO cute.  The feel of my breath on your face would give you the giggles.  It really helped me to slow down and take you in.  Another close favorite: one morning you were sitting in bed with Daddy and me.  You took the covers and covered your face, waited until I said, "Where is baby?" then you would pull down the covers.  The funny thing is, you didn't think it was funny at all.  You didn't even smile.  But you did it over and over and over again.  Most babies LAUGH and smile when they play peek-a-boo. 

This month your Daddy was offered a new job.  He will be driving to Lakewood EVERY SINGLE DAY.  But, that means that we get weekends as a family.  I'm so excited and I know you will be, too. 

I love you, kiddo.  Though times are hard right now with you (teething, not sleeping, constipated...), I know I am so blessed to call you my son.

With Love
Mommy

blog

0 comments: