Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 Survey

Posted by Mindy

Thanks to JRMG for this idea!

Thought this would be a good way to remember the year!

1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Be pregnant

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really make New Years resolutions necessarily!  I did make a few goals for this coming year that you can read about here. Oh, and I did start the 365 day project which you can read about here.  I'm not likely to accomplish this, but its worth a try!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I wouldn't consider them close necessarily but two people I am getting to know better did have two beautiful babies, Autumn (born to Tara) and Aaron (born to Lindsay).

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What places did you visit? Sadly, NO WHERE.  The furthest I went was about 3 hours away on a trip for work.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A chance to travel.  A good attitude.  A joyful heart.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 8th- We adopted Aaliyah, our beautiful baby girl (puppy)!  July 26th-We found out we were pregnant.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating Cum Laude from college.

9. What was your biggest failure? That's hard, as there are many!  Probably my attitude toward my husband. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just minor ills and injuries associated with pregnancy.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My dog Aaliyah!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Nothing stands out.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? If you really want to know, read about it here.

14. Where did most of your money go? Debt!  I was jobless for months in the spring.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I have to admit, many people would say "my pregnancy."  However, if I am honest, I have to say that that isn't true.  In fact, I was quite frustrated with God for His timing on this. 

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? That is hard because I love music but here are a few that I can think of right now: Joyful Noise by Lecrae and  Your hands by JJ Heller.  I love that both of these song point to the wonderful joy, love and promises given to us by God our Abba!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you

a) happier or sadder?  I'm not really sure. 

b) thinner or fatter? Fatter; much, much fatter!

c) richer or poorer? If you mean financially, than the answer is poorer.  But my life is much richer!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Outdoorsy stuff like hiking!  I do live in Colorado after all.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complaining

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? With Brian's family in the morning and my mom in the evening.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? YES! 

22. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, Law and Order SVU, Star Trek

23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? Nothing much.  Had a little get together at my mom's and at the in-laws.

24. What was the best book you read? Oh, not sure.  I enjoyed the Swiss Family Robinson.

25. What did you want and get? A dyson vacuum.

26. What did you want and not get? Honestly and selfishly, a trip anywhere in the world but here!

27. What was your favorite film of this year? Star Trek

28. Did you make some new friends this year? Yes.  And I hope that my new friendships continue to grow.

29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Again and selfishly, a chance to travel.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Fashion...haha...that is a funny joke.

31. What kept you sane? My mother.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Uh...more disappointments I would have to say.

33. What political issue stirred you the most? Not really interested in talking politics thank you!

34. Who did you miss? My sister Melissa. 

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Having joy is a choice, it is a way of life. 

That was fun!  A good way to remember 2009.  Maybe I will do this again next year.

blog

0 comments: