Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Stretch Marks

Posted by Mindy

Last night I finally saw them...they had been hiding under my growing belly for who knows how long...stretch marks. I have always known I would get them, thanks to my mom's genes. However, I didn't ever think I would be this upset about it. There are women who show off their stretch marks...the battle scars of having beautiful children. I don't really believe these women by the way. Good for them for trying to make good of it, but honestly, who can really say they don't mind them?

I feel like I am being ridiculous but at the same time, my already suffering self esteem took a big hit with their discovery. I never had a fit, beautiful stomach and now it feels as though I never will. I will be *blessed* with the excess wrinkled skin that comes with stretch marks, the kind that doesn't go away unless you visit an expensive doctor :P.

Well, enough crying about it. Nothing I can do (coco butter can help, but genetically predisposed people are generally going to get them no matter what they do!). Guess I just need to try to drink lots of water and hope it doesn't get too bad.


blog

1 comments:

Christine said...

I understand Mindy, and I can totally relate. Just remember that the stretch marks are totally worth it. The blessing of a baby definitely outweighs anything we have to put up with during pregnancy. :)