Saturday, October 17, 2009

Gro Baby Bio Soakers

Posted by Mindy

Many of you know that I am going to cloth diaper. I have been researching online for a company who I feel has got the products that I need and I have found it: GRO BABY!

I have heard so much about why cloth diapering isn't an option for this reason or that reason. But, thanks to their new product, biodegradable soaker pads, I won't have to listen to that anymore :). Did you know it takes up to 13 years for a diaper to decompose in a landfill IF exposed to the right conditions. Just think how many toxic diapers are in YOUR landfill...it makes me sick.

Anyway, gro baby cloth diapers are made out of a comfortable shell that isn't like the old plastic liners that moms used to put over cloth diapers to prevent leaking. These are comfortable and user friendly. Now, with their biosoakers, which are fragrance free, chlorine free, hypoallergenic and dye free, cloth diapering has never been easier (or more CUTE!!!!).

I do have an agenda here...if I post about this, I get a package of these for free, to test out, which I am really excited about it. So here it is! For more information, visit this website:

http://www.thenaturalbabyco.com/gro-baby-biodegradable-soaker-pads-p-745.html

P.S. As most of you know, I am not the kind of person to sell something. I don't enjoy posting about products unless I am asking questions about them. HOWEVER, I am making an exception here. I really believe that this product has the potential to change the way we see cloth diapering and has the potential to greatly reduce our impact on the world....give it some thought!

Here are some pictures (from their site). The first two are of the new soaker pads, while the last just shows you what the shell looks like!



















blog

4 comments:

Tara Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Brown said...

These are very cute (-:

Can you use a prefold inside of the cover when you have time to wash diapers or are home? That would be a nice feature. I know that it is about more than cost - but these and the GDiaper (similar idea to these) are significantly more expensive than the regular diaper or completely washables. I thought being able to use washable prefolds could mitigate the cost some.
My Math - using 50 inserts/diapers a week for 2.5 years
Grow baby = 6 wraps $150, soaker pads 50 for $20 = $4750 (plus the water to wash the wraps)

Bum Genius = 18 all in ones $320 plus the water to wash the wraps and inserts

Regular diapers bought in bulk on Amazon averaging 30 cents each = $3450

Grow baby = 40 cents per insert plus

Bond Family Diaries said...

Mindy,
I have friend who has a cloth diaper business. Her website is a pretty cool tool to use to shop by brand so you can compare prices as well as get tips and info on cloth diapering.

Here is a statement off her website that explains why she likes to use cloth diapers...
"We view cloth diapering as an expression of stewardship of God's Creation and seek to encourage the use of cloth diapers and other reusable, natural, and earth-friendly products by presenting the options and the information that exist about them in a user-friendly manner."

You can check out her website at http://www.diaperbeagle.com/fin/c_About.asp

Rebecca said...

I love Bum Genius One size diapers from Cotton babies. The fit amazing from the time they are born up to about 35lbs. I had Isaiah and Susannah in the same diapers for a while. It was a huge time and money saver. It is so easy to use cloth diapers and way cuter than disposables!