Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flats Challenge Day 3

Posted by Mindy

A little back story for this post:


I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  




Today's blog focus is on how I use my flat diapers.


Well, folks.  I am about as boring as it comes.  I dislike the work that goes into all of the origami folds and so I simply fold my flats into a big rectangle and nestle them lovingly into the cover....


and that is about it.


Kim, the lady behind this flats madness, has some pretty awesome tutorials for anyone who would like to watch REAL flats in action.  Go here!


The easy way


It looks too long in the first picture but once you bring it up it isn't.


And my clean diapers from last night waiting to be hung up to dry.

Sorry for such a boring post but the little is screaming...

P.S. I really like how I don't have to wrestle with my toddler and busy 7 month old when trying to change diapers.  I've tried the snappi and I just didn't get into it.  I might start using it with my toddler to fashion underwear out of a flat to use when he has soiled all of his cloth trainers.  But otherwise, I just find it too much work to wrestle it onto my littles.

Photobucket

0 comments: