A little back story for this post:
This week I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry. For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all. You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post. This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!
You can read it HERE! I never mention in the article the stores I purchased my flats at because I am not sure that Kelly is down with that. So, I'll mention it here: most of my flats are from Ikea. The other flats I own are from Target and Walmart.
The Target and Walmart brands are much less absorbent but are a lot trimmer. The Ikea flats are wonderful for heavy wetting and just general feel good since they are so darn cute.
And to make this post at least a little more fun, here are some pictures.
The challenge has encouraged me to try this:
Yep, she is a whole 7 months old...but she went on the potty twice yesterday.
And a little more of this:
Love me some cloth trainers. P.S. I am also hand washing these when they are soiled.
And a little of this:
Yeah, child labor!!!
LOVES!
The others:
1 comments:
Hey, 7 months old? Go for it! I started putting my daughter on the potty around that age. She's 1 1/2 now and not potty trained, but I've certainly avoided washing a bunch of diapers. Every little bit helps!
Post a Comment