Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trying to Catch Up

Posted by Mindy

Hey ya’ll! Sorry I’ve been MIA these last few months…I don’t know how my friends with multiple children find the time to blog because I am sure struggling with only one. It doesn’t help that in my early desperation to get my son to sleep, I’ve conditioned him to need two warm arms (and only mom’s work), a beating heart, and a heaving chest to catch some Zs. And the two hours or so Elias does allow me to myself a day are filled with attempts at smelling better, feeding and loving the fur-babies, doing my massive amount of Beth Moore homework, or doing some sort of something that makes me feel a little more justified being a *mostly* stay at home momma.


Tonight we are going to some friends’ house for some much needed conversation and food. I was asked to bring some sort of bread. Sigh. I like making bread. So what did I do? I pulled up my sleeves, got out the flower (that word looks really weird right now…flower…is that the right word?), turned on my ♫♫Christian Rap♫♫ and whipped up a loaf of my 100% whole wheat bread my hubby has been BEGGING me to make for months now (I am a bad wife). Then I decided that I should also make some garlic bread (thanks Google) to impress my friends with…HA! After pouring in about 5 times the amount of flax seed my bread can hold, getting flower all over my clothing, listening to my son scream for 20 minutes while I tried to finish kneading the dough and a few other mishaps, I pulled out one whole wheat loaf and three garlic bread loafs. Forget about the heap of dishes I made, I’m feelin’ accomplished ;).

We went to a Rockies game last night. I had a blast! Here is a picture:


Man I feel fat…which reminds me. Guess what I am getting in a few days?


My Bob jogging stroller. I am stoked! But I guess that also means I have to live up to my end of the deal and actually run…crap.

Anyway, I kinda have a LOT more to say but I've run out of time. Elias woke up.  Not to mention, it was getting hard typing all of this with my left hand only.  My right arm is gonna need surgery to restore the blood flow once Elias finally learns to sleep without being held. :P

Blessings,

Mindy





blog

1 comments:

Christine said...

1) Very cute picture of you all at the game.
2) Elias reminds me so much of Elliana when she was an infant. She would only nap if I was holding her or snuggling her too. Don't worry, this will pass as he gets older.
3)That jogging stroller looks GREAT! Where are you getting it from?