I think that God might have a somewhat cruel sense of humor when it comes to type A people like me. Ok, I jest. But seriously, isn’t it kind of cruel that a healthy baby can be born anywhere between 37 weeks and 42 weeks? Do you realize how many agonizing days of anticipation that is? How do you plan for that? Maybe that is just one more way that God prepares a woman to be a mother. Maybe this will teach me to expect the unexpected; to have faith in ALL circumstances; to rely on His strengths and His promises rather than on my calendar.
I have to admit, I am scared to death. I am afraid that I won’t be strong enough (i.e. LABOR), a fear that I NEED to extinguish immediately because I’m setting myself up for failure. Honestly, I am afraid of what this will do to my marriage, an issue of its own. I feel horrible for saying that. Children are a beautiful gift from God. It makes me feel so selfish knowing that I feel that way.
Anyway, I can’t believe we could be having this baby any time now. Wow. It is amazing. I truly am excited to meet this little person. Yeah!

Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! God will help you, your husband will help you and your body is full capable of the task at hand - God made your body to do this exact thing - grow and deliver babies into the world!! It is so cool!!! Praying for you and your family!!
First of all, I LOVE your new design!
I am very excited for you and Brian. You will do great and be a great Mom. I think you're right, it's kind of cruel not knowing when the baby is going to come.
Post a Comment